Pet supplement manufacturer Nordic Naturals has announced its "What’s Essential Rescue Pet Photo Contest,” which invites pet owners to submit photos of their rescue pets for a chance to win a prize pack that includes a three-month supply of Nordic Naturals omega-3 pet products and human products.
Contest entries will be accepted June 28 through July 18 on Facebook. Fans will be able to vote for a winning cat and a winning dog from July 19–31. For every vote, Nordic Naturals will donate $1 to Paws for Veterans, a non-profit organization that gives rescue dogs new purpose as service dogs, with a guaranteed donation of $5,000.
Paws for Veterans, Inc. provides service dogs to veteran and active-duty service members struggling with post-traumatic stress disorder, traumatic brain injury, and physical disabilities. The non-profit organization rescues, rehabilitates, and trains shelter dogs as service dogs for injured veterans.
“We believe that dogs and cats deserve loving homes and that they have incredible love to give,” said Meredith Greiner, Nordic Naturals marketing manager. “We are excited about celebrating pets that have been rescued, encouraging more people to do the same, and about supporting Paws for Veterans. It is amazing to see these special dogs find purpose in life and the healing power they offer their new owners through both unconditional love and practical support.”
Two grand prize winners (one dog owner and one cat owner) will be announced on Aug. 1. Each will receive a prize pack that includes:
• A three-month supply of Nordic Naturals omega-3 pet products and human products
• A copy of either The Dog Bible: Everything Your Dog Wants You to Know or The Cat Bible: Everything Your Cat Expects You to Know, by pet expert Tracie Hotchner
• A custom canvas painting of their winning pet by Rebecca Fischer of beccavision.com
• A “Mr. Omega-3” or “Ms. Omega-3” pet award certificate
• Assorted goodies for their pet