Global Pet Expo kicks off today in Orlando, and Pet Business magazine is covering the show from top to bottom. Go to petbusiness.com/globalpetexpo to view the latest headlines from the show floor, as well as view a digital copy of each day's Show Daily issue. In the Day 1 issue, you will find:
• An extensive Q&A with American Pet Products Association president Bob Vetere, who discusses the state of the pet industry, as well as his association's expanding role in bringing various segments of the industry together for a common cause.
• Global Pet Expo's lead organizer Andrew Darmohraj discusses how this year's show is bigger and better than ever.
• The Natural Pet at Global Pet Expo: The fastest-growing segment of the pet care market is well represented with a specialized section on the Global Pet Expo show floor. Read what some of this year's Natural Pet exhibitors are saying about this exciting and lucrative category.
• Setting the Standard: The Pet Industry Joint Advisory Council discusses why self regulation, as opposed to government intervention, is the best option for the pet industry.
• Marketing Smart in a Tough Economy: Marketing strategist Bob DeStefano teaches retailers how the right marketing strategy can separate the winners from the losers in a turbulent economic climate.
• PIDA's Pet Store Pro: Learn how the Pet Industry Distributor's Association is giving pet specialty retailers a leg up on the competition with a free online staff training program.